Monday, February 6, 2012

Learning Journal #3

After a brainstorming session with my Mom, I think I have a clear grasp on my project. My research will be divided into 2 parts. First, a survey given to a test group of approximately 200 people separated by age. This questionnaire will ask basic questions -- "Do you have headaches? How frequently? Typical duration? Pain level from 1-10, and What most likely triggers your headaches?" As a headache patient I understand the difficulty of pinpointing triggers, but I know it is definitely possible. With each headache one can usually guess what brought it on; which leads me to the second part of my project.. After administering the survey and recording/organizing my data, I will assess why  the headaches are occuring by comparing and contrasting the common triggers in the U.S. with the most common triggers in Tonga. I know some will be similar because of our underlying human anatomy, but I also hypothesize a difference as several of the common headache causes here will vary there. [ie: stress]

Hey Mom, thanks for the brainsurge. (Jimmy Neutron)

No comments:

Post a Comment