Monday, February 6, 2012

Learning Journal #2


What do I study, that is the question. I have always been set on a health-related research topic, hopefully something science based, but choosing is difficult. I would love to get some hands on experience in a clinic there and put my EKG training to use! However, cardiovascular disease wouldn't be anything new. The Polynesian people are known to have high percentages of CVD, diabetes and hypertension. But these problems are attributed to their lifestyle and genetic make up. No, heart health is not my project. That would be a topic to be researched in a library, been there done that.

Instead of choosing some random health issue, I want to study something close to home. Headaches. After suffering with chronic migraine headaches all of my life, I have plenty of curiosity and ample amounts of passion to fuel a project! I have decided that I definitely want to study headaches while in Tonga. There is still much fine-tuning to be done, but I am very excited to finally decide on a project theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment